Got a check engine light near Pasadena? Bussard’s Automotive Center is here to help whether you have a steady check engine light on, or a blinking check engine light, we can fix it. The first step to repairing a check engine light is to confirm whether it’s steady or blinking. Below are our recommended actions to take in both situations:
Steady Check Engine Light:
- Visit our site or call us to schedule an appointment at your earliest convenience for a check engine light diagnosis.
- Don’t have time to schedule an appointment right away? Stop by and we’ll run the CEL code for you to check if it is a problem that can wait a few days, as well as confirm if it is safe to continue to drive the vehicle. The last thing you want to do in this scenario is to cause further damage to the vehicle by waiting, so we want to make sure this does not happen.
- Stay close to home or work and avoid traveling/road trips with the vehicle until the cause of check engine light is diagnosed.
- Continue to monitor your check engine light to ensure it is not flashing.
Blinking Check Engine Light:
- Pullover as soon as it is safe to do so. A blinking or flashing check engine light is signaling you to stop driving immediately to avoid engine damage.
- Turn off your vehicle.
- Call a tow truck, such as AAA. Did you know we are a AAA approved shop?
- Give us a call to let us know your vehicle is on its way.
Having a check engine light near Pasadena can be a frustrating experience. Our expert team at Bussard’s Automotive Center is here to make the repair process as convenient and stress-free as possible. We have a complimentary shuttle service and can work with you to arrange a complimentary rental car as well. We understand many of our customers only have one vehicle for transportation, which is why our number one goal is to get you back on the road quickly and safely. For blinking check engine light repair, give Bussard’s a call!